From February until the end of 2020, the Castle Café's kitchen will host eight workshops on traditional dessert preparation. They will be led by Darinka Gostenčnik, a renowned educator, pastry chef and author of textbooks on pastry-making. She will demonstrate the preparation of different types of desserts, which will then be prepared by participants themselves in small groups with Darinka's help.
The content of the workshops will change every month:
- on the 15th of February 2020 at 10:00 we'll learn about YEAST DOUGH AND FRIED DOUGH: we'll make doughnuts, sourdough and crispy fritters.
- on the 14th of March 2020 at 10:00 we'll learn about FILO DOUGH: we'll make the famous ''goriška gibanica'', rolled dumplings and baklava.
- on the 4th of April 2020 at 10:00 we will make the protected Slovenian walnut ''potica'', festive Easter bread, cinnamon rolls, stuffed mini croissants.
- on the 9th of May 2020 at 10:00 we will learn about BUTTERY PUFF PASTRY AND STEAMED DOUGH. We will make puff pastry, learn to make savoury pastries and cream cakes (''zagrebške rezine''). We will make steamed dough, cream puffs and eclairs.
- on the 12th of September 2020 at 10 am we will learn about KNEADED AND SHORTBREAD DOUGH: we will make quiche, crostata, apple pie and shortcrust pastry.
- on the 10th of October 2020 at 10 am WE WILL LEARN ABOUT SPONGE CAKE DOUGH, make the signature ''Doboš'' cake, a birthday cake with shiny icing and decorate it and make a chocolate cake.
- on the 14th of November 2020 at 10 am we will LEARN ABOUT PORTIONED SWEETS, TEMPERING AND FORMING CHOCOLATE. We will make a chocolate dessert, a flan, temper chocolate and design chocolate decor.
- on the 12th of December at 10 am we will LEARN ABOUT HONEY AND SHORTCRUST DOUGH MADE OF ALTERNATIVE INGREDIENTS: we will make honey dough, shape, bake and decorate honeybread cookies, make shortcrust dough from unusual recipes, and bake small pastries for the holidays.
The price per workshop is € 18,00 incl. VAT.
Registration is required to organise the programme. Registrations are accepted at least two days before the start of each meeting at email@example.com or 02 228 35 51 until the places are filled. Registration is confirmed once the cost of the workshop has been paid.
At the end of each meeting, participants receive detailed recipes with preparation procedures.
Each workshop lasts 4-5 hours.